Players seeking financial aid (also known as scholarships) to play in our recreational program must register online and indicate they are applying for financial aid. There is a process to demonstrate qualification for financial aid (see instructions below).
NOTE ON FINANCIAL AID (SCHOLARSHIPS): All recipients who qualify must now pay a reduced fee of $50 for scholarship (i.e. qualify for free lunch in school). The cost for players not requiring or qualifying for financial aid is $140.
INSTRUCTIONS: When applying for financial aid, there are a few steps in the process to complete registration. You will be given the discount at the time of registration, but it will be pending in the system until you complete the following:
- You must fill out the Fairfax County Scholarship Form (English) (Spanish). The PDF is a fillable PDF form than can be edited on your computer/device, saved and emailed to email@example.com. NOTE: If opening the form on your computer, you should be able to view/edit by default with Adobe Reader. If you are opening the form on your phone, you can save it to google drive, and open/edit there to fill out, save and email back. If you are unable to edit the form, you can always print it out and mail it in to: Attention: Registrar, HYS PO Box 464, Herndon VA 20172.
- Provide proof of qualification (see below) by uploading an image (take a picture of the document or card) during online registration. This can be a photo taken of your child's Medicaid ID, school's free/reduced lunch letter, etc.
- Fees can be made online during registration by credit card, or by mail if paying check: Please make the check to Herndon Youth Soccer and sent to: Attention: Registrar, HYS PO Box 464, Herndon VA 20172).
QUALIFICATION: To be eligible for financial aid (scholarship), players must qualify for or be currently receiving assistance from one or more of these programs (verification will be required):
- Free or Reduced School Lunch
- (TANF) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Aid for Dependent Children, Foster Care
- Medicaid (Card must include Medicaid ID Number)
In order to qualify for financial aid, players must also:
- Be a resident of Fairfax County
- Enrolled in school (K-12th grade)
- Commit to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games