Herndon Youth Soccer
Spring 2015 MicroKicks Information Sheet
MicroKicks (U5) is for boys and girls born 8/1/09 – 9/30/10 who will attend Kindergarten in fall 2015. 8/09 and 9/09 birthdays who are attending Kindergarten this year may play in MicroKicks or may request placement in MiniKicks (U6) to stay with their kindergarten grade group.
- Kids in MicroKicks will be placed on teams with 5-6 players per team.
- Each team will have one designated coach.
- There will be no practices.
- Each team will be assigned a time and field for their training/scrimmage. The
- time will be the same each week.
- Times for spring will be 9:00am and 10:15am ( Saturdays)
- The season consists of 8 weekly 1 hour sessions which will be broken down
- into a 30 minute training session and 20-30 minute scrimmages each week.
- Sessions begin April 11th
- if needed. No session May 23rd for Columbus Day weekend.
- Training will be provided by our professional coaching staff under the
- direction of HYS Technical Director Nick Arzani. Volunteer parent Coaches
- will assist the professional trainers during the training sessions and will have
- the opportunity to learn coaching skills and techniques directly from the pros.
- This will hopefully be valuable knowledge they can continue to use in future
- coaching endeavors. Coaches are always needed!
- Shirts and socks will be provided to each participant.
Registration can be done online beginning in December at www.herndonyouthsoccer.org; cost is $125.00 per player and payable by mail in check or online with Visa or MasterCard.
Scholarships are NOT available for the microkicks program.
Prefer to register in person? In person registrations at Herndon Community Center on Wednesday February 4th from 7-9pm or Saturday February 28th from 10am-2pm. ONTIME REGISTRATION DEADLINE is February 28th. After this date late fees apply and placement depends on space available.
If you have questions please email us at email@example.com